A hands-on guide to deploying applications in Rancher's new Kubernetes environments
Over the last few months our team at Rancher Labs has been adding support for special Rancher Environments that natively run Kubernetes. These new environments take advantage of Rancher’s platform orchestration, networking and storage capabilities to deliver simple to deploy Kubernetes clusters for building applications. We’ll discuss how these environments compare with our native Docker environments and help you understand when and how each can be used to power your containers.
In this meetup we will demonstrate:
- Deploying a Kubernetes Cluster within Rancher
- Launching Kubernetes Pods and Replication Controllers
- Leveraging Rancher services within Kubernetes
- Understanding the differences between Kubernetes and native Docker environments
- Service discovery, scheduling and high availability within Kubernetes
Date: Thursday, February 25, 2016
Time: 1:00 PM (US Eastern US Time)
In this meetup we'll be demonstrating best practices for using the new Kubernetes Environments in Rancher.