Everything you need to know to build a catalog full of Docker compose application templates
Docker Compose is a great framework for deploying application stacks, and at Rancher we've been working hard to make it possible to leverage that framework to create a catalog of application blueprints that can be repeatably configured and deployed. In our January online meetup, we’ll demonstrate the new Catalog feature in Rancher and show you how easy it is to create catalog items. We’ll be teaching you how to build your own catalog and deploy even complex appliation stacks, such as Elasticsearch, Hadoop and Jenkins, with just a few commands
In the meetup we will be demonstrating:
- Using the Rancher catalog to configure, deploy and upgrade an application
- Creating a private app catalog linked to a git repo
- Best practices for building catalog templates
- Using confd to insert application configuration into templates
- How to manage the testing and provisioning of templates
As always, we’ll be demonstrating all of this live, while we answer any and all questions you may have about Docker, Rancher, and building application templates.
Date: Thursday, January 21, 2016
Time: 1:00 PM (Eastern US Time)
In this meetup we'll be demonstrating how to use the Rancher catalog, cevelop catalog blue prints, and even build your own private catalog.