It’s often considered hard to use persistent storage correctly with Kubernetes. The concepts of Volume, PV, PVC, Storage Class; the implication of read-write-once vs read-write-many; the difference between Deployment vs StatefulSet are each obstacles for users to fully understand Kubernetes’s persistent storage.
In this session, Rancher DevOps Engineer Nelson Roberts will talk through all these concepts, clarify the implications and differences, and make sure you feel confident in using Kubernetes storage. The class will demonstrate real-life usage for Kubernetes persistent storage, using cloud-native tools such as Project Longhorn.
- Volume, PV, PVC, Storage Class, etc. and what these concepts really mean.
- The implications of RWO vs RWX storage system, and the differences between Deployment and StatefulSet. And how to choose which one to use.
- Demonstrate the real life use cases for Kubernetes persistent storage.
- Date: Tuesday, March 17, 2020
- Time: 1:00 pm (US Eastern Time)